Role: Geotechnical Technician / Trainee
Latest Job Opportunities With Soils Limited
Due to continued increase in workload Soils Limited are looking to employ and train a Technician for our vibrant growing team in Cornwall.
Your duties would include but not exclusively:
-Hand Excavated and/or Machine dug trial pitting to log and recover soil samples
- Insitu Soil Testing
- Gas and groundwater monitoring
- Collection and logging of drilling samples
An understanding or experience within the industry would be helpful but is not essential.
Full training, guidance and assistance from other technicians, engineers and management will be provided. We will support your Continued Professional Development (CPD) and request that you are proactive in this respect.
Full Clean Driving Licence
Place of Work:
For the purpose of the role you will be based out of our Cornwall office in United Downs near Redruth and on occasion you will need to undertake travel throughout the UK in order to fulfil your role as may reasonably be necessary to support the company’s ambitions. The majority of any travel will be within the Southern/ South Western region.
Salary & Terms:
Your remuneration package will include the following:
1. An initial annual salary of £18-22k (depending on experience) payable monthly in arrears on the last working day of each month.
2. Soils Limited operate a Workplace Pension, for which you will be entitled to join. Further details can be provided upon request.
3. The post is subject to a three-month probationary period. Your remuneration package will be reviewed annually.
4. You will be provided with a mobile phone for business usage.
The working week is based around onsite hours of the order of 40 hours (less in the winter months due to daylight restrictions). Some flexibility in working hours will be required due seasonal variation and travelling to and from site.
Your holiday entitlement would be 20 days (rising based on length of service excluding 8 statutory holidays.
If you are interested please send in your curriculum vitae to either
Craig Morrison CM@soilslimited.co.uk or Graeme Jackson GJ@soilslimited.co.uk